Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ComboFix Log

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kocior

kocior

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

Hello everybody,

I had a problem with a few malware & spyware infections. After scanning all of my drives (3 to be exact) with avast! (which, by the way, detected nothing) and Spybot: Search & Destroy which deleted most of the infected files, I ended up with the malware's regenerating after rebooting the system each time. The procedure went on like this: I ran Spybot, it deleted most of the infected files but sadly after rebooting the virus regenerated. When I called my family's good acquaintance who happens to be a computer scientist, he recommended using ComboFix. I, naturally, printed the entire instruction before running the program and then followed all the steps included in the right order making sure everything went on as it's supposed to. And... voila! It seems fine: the malware's disappeared. I scanned my computer with Spybot which found nothing that time and then avast! which found only 5 minor threats. After moving them to quarantine there's nothing more to be worried about. However, and that's why I'm posting this thread, in the previously mentioned instruction it's written that despite ComboFix's (probable) solving the problem(s), I should nevertheless add the log file to the post I'm advised to write here on this forum.
My question then is this: would this be your suggestion too? Should I really send it here or do anything else, like giving you more info (e.g. what malware objects were detected first by Spybot and then by avast!, how the malware behaved on my computer, etc.) or nothing at all?

Thank you for the answer in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users