Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

4OD stuck on 'loading content'

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Burtdaboy

Burtdaboy

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:45 AM

Hi all,

On BC's advice I have recently installed Sunbelt Personal Firewall (and uninstalled Kapersky Internet Security).

Since then neither two laptops I own (one XP, one Vista) can get a 4OD video to play in Firefox. I have

It remains on 'Loading Content...' forever.

I don't know much about Firewalls or Sunbelt in particular. In Sunbelt, under Network Security, for 'Any Other Application' I have:

Trusted: In = Ask, Out = Permit
Internet: In = Deny, Out = Permit

Any help would be appreciated. I understand it might not be the Firewall but 4OD worked fine before installation.

Thanks!

Burt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Burtdaboy

Burtdaboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:16 AM

Hi,

So I guess nobody has any helpful hints?

Maybe people don't know what 4OD is? It's the UK TV channel 4's 'watch online' service here: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/peep-show/4od

Update: I got 4OD working on my XP laptop by disabling Sunbelt and trying to watch a video again. I then turned Sunbelt back on and it kept playing. Unfortunetaly the laptop crashed after a few minutes.

I've tried the same thing on my Vista laptop to no avail.

Any help would be really great.

Burt

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:36 PM

Have you thought of trying a different firewall?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users