Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Needed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frankiex22x

frankiex22x

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:33 AM

I have Microsoft sercurity Essentials and the firewall already on window vista. But after downloading music off limewire I have had nothing but trouble. MSE is detecting Trojan after Trojan but saying they are removed and the computor is secure but pop up after pop up is coming and if preform a search on google or yahoo and I click on one of the results I get taken to a completely different random site? Then yesterday it crashed completly something called Performance Security downloaded on to PC and the computor wouldn't start up at all, all that would show is a page from them telling me I had to pay to upgrade.

Managed to shut it down from the task manager bar but that just left a black screen nothing would load, I managed to get on the internet through the task manager and was told through another site to download combo fix which I did, it got my start up screen back so I was able to remove the Preformance Security that was effecting the computor. I thought it had fixed the problem but still when I do a search I' m redirected else where and still lots of pop ups so must still be infected with something??

Any ideas how to clean my computor up completely? I have seen on here since that you shouldnt run combofix so now i'm worried I have done more damage than good.

I really dont have much knowledge on computors :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankiex22x

frankiex22x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:13 PM

Please can some1 help :thumbsup:

#3 frankiex22x