Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot get pass Admin password.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ed-e-dee

ed-e-dee

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:53 AM

Hi ,I have just dragged out my old computer. but I can't get passed Admin password box,I can't remember my password.
I have tried to boot in safe mode samething need a Admin password, I tried to change Admin to my own login name but can't.
I have puttin an recovery disk still came to a dead end.

any suggestions greatley accepted.

Ed.
Eddee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:55 AM

It is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to reset or bypass the Administrator password. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less savory reasons. It is for these reasons we do not provide this type of information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message or an email. Thank you for your understanding.

Andrew
BleepingComputer Forums Moderator

Reference: BleepingComputer Board Rules

#3 NicR

NicR

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:45 AM

I had the same problem with a realatively new Dell I purchased ,I recieved a stop error and needed to reset the PC back to the factory settings,via a partition on the harddrive that dell puts on its PC's . When I fllowed the directions to restore the PC using the factory reset partition it asked for my administrator password . When I recieved the PC new I did set a administratopr password and then wrote in down on a box I had out in a storage area that was undder lock and key. Well when I went to retrieve the box I could not find it anyware ,I asked my wife and she told me she had removed and disposed of a few boxes that had contents we no longer had any use for ! At that point Dell support said my only option was a fresh install and supplied me with directions to reformat H.D. and install the O/S WindowsXP Pro MCE2005 ! I have since purchased a 320G.B. externial H.D. USB to compliment the internial 250G.B. that came with the PC . Ater the innitial backup of the entire drive C I now once a week perform a backup that only adds new changes since the last backup ! I bought the externial at a after X-Mas sale for only $65 dollares + tax . Its a Seagate Free Agent and the reviews on it are very good ! When doing your re-install of O/S leave the administrator password empty (just my opinion) !
Best Wishes, NicRic

#4 ed-e-dee

ed-e-dee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for your reply NicR. So the only way out of this problem is to format the H.D. Did you install the O/S onto your external H.D.

this compu is not a brand name it was built by a friend and he also can'nt remember the password, typical . Lol

Thanks NicR
Eddee

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:54 PM

When doing your re-install of O/S leave the administrator password empty (just my opinion) !

That's a very, very unsafe idea.

#6 ed-e-dee

ed-e-dee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

Thanks Andrew.
Eddee

0 user(s) are reading this topic