Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dcomlaunch CPU issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ooncha

ooncha

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:50 AM

I'm at a loss guys. I've had this HP Pavilion dv2000 for about 2 years and I've been having issues with my CPU. Mostly the dcomlauner and plug and Play that's taking up up to 30-48 CPU. Didn't find anything relative to my problem through google. The only thing I've done was disable the sound enhancements which did nothing. The most useful I've found was THIS TOPIC THREAD but I can't get past the process explorer check.

from the Process Explorer, the svchost.exe in question had igfxsrvc.exe, ehmsas.exe, WmiPrvSE.exe, and HpqToaster.exe. Only the igfxsrvc is using CPU and only about .60. I check the threads and there's 8 listed:

TID 1732 CPU 30-49 Start Address ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart
TID 2188 Start Address ntdll.dll+0x65e58
TID 1616 Start Address ntdll.dll+0x65e58
TID 1064 Start Address ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart
TID 1036 Start Address ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart
TID 1052 Start Address ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart
TID 1088 Start Address 0x0
TID 1092 Start Address 0x0

only 1732 has a constant running CPU while only the start addresses of ntdll.dll+0x65e58 doesn't use lot (about .60) and only for a second. and every now and then it'll go away and new ones with different TID would pop up.

From this point, I don't know what to do. If you can help me, please give clear instructions. I am also thinking of installing Windows 7 on new years, so will this problem pop up in windows 7 as well? Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users