Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drives not detecting DVD+R DL discs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 slack3r

slack3r

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:53 PM

Hi,I have an internal drive that burns DVDs and a USB LG Super Multi drive that I burn with.I can't seem to get either drive to work with DVD+R DL discs(media not present).The discs are not detected at all,can some one help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:02 AM

are you sure that the drives support dual layor discs? and are both the internal and external both made by LG? have you tried different brands of DVD+R DL discs in them? from what your saying, off the top of my head it sounds like the drives probably dont support that format, but its hard to tell without the exact model numbers. Also, what software are you using to burn/read with, and what OS?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 slack3r

slack3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:00 AM

are you sure that the drives support dual layor discs? and are both the internal and external both made by LG? have you tried different brands of DVD+R DL discs in them? from what your saying, off the top of my head it sounds like the drives probably dont support that format, but its hard to tell without the exact model numbers. Also, what software are you using to burn/read with, and what OS?

Oh,My OS Windows XP home edition,internal drive-Samsung DVD+ROM SD-616E,external-HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-E60L USB.I use depending on what I want to do,DVD Decrypter(read-burn)DVD Shrink(shrink image-burn).I also have ImgBurnfor use.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:55 PM

well, those two drives both supposedly support dual layer discs. have you tried multiple brands of DL discs to see if maybe its just the brand? believe it or not, certain brands just plain dont work with certain drives. Also, are all your codecs up to date?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 slack3r

slack3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:03 AM

well, those two drives both supposedly support dual layer discs. have you tried multiple brands of DL discs to see if maybe its just the brand? believe it or not, certain brands just plain dont work with certain drives. Also, are all your codecs up to date?

Your right,I have not tried any other disc brands yet,Memorex is the brand I have now.Oh,how do I update my codecs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users