Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting my cable signal on modem messed with(inside job)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dexlessxftwx

dexlessxftwx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:21 PM

ok i got a question about something that has to do with cable signals... I got this jackass uncle and his wife who is living with my family for a like a month till he gets his loan approved for his new house and...hes kinda being a freaking jack*** and I am not sure how but he can somehow turn off the cable signal on my modem so the internet and the television won't work at all and my folks don't know much about computers and stuff so my uncle can get away by simply saying that its just the ppl from the cable company fixing something nearby and everyone will believe him and i don't wanna make a big fight about it even though i pay for cable:( ,so could you help me out...like how is he turning off the cable signal on my modem...here is some information that might help you guys to solve how he does it...ok i know that hes not unplugging wires from the modem or cable wires that go from modem/tv n connect into that plug in the cable jack on the wall but he said something about primary cable jack which is where the my comp and the tv is and a secondary one that is in the room hes in that he uses to get the cable channels on tv....strange thing is that when he turns off the cable signal,his tv still works n has the cable channels when the tv in the room with the primary wall cable jack doesn't work or show any channels at all and I am not sure if his laptop still gets internet connections but he uses the connection from the wireless router which is plugged in the modem to get wireless connection...but he can also catch our neighbor's internet connection on his laptop...and another important info i found out is that at the same time when i loose connection i get 3 activity messages in my Norton Anti-Virus recent history saying this>>>>1.intrusion prevention engine version 4.5.0.67 definitions set versions:20091107.001(status-detected) 2.intrusion prevention is monitoring 1500 signatures.driver version 9.1.2.5(status-detected) 3.intrusion prevention has been enabled(status-detected)
n also i get the same 3 messages when the cable signal comes back...so can you guys and gals figure out how he is doing it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users