Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help with hotmail malware, virus,???

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Oneness

Oneness

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:37 PM

There appears to be a widespread malware, virus what ever in a large number of hot mail accounts including mine.
I have ESTE NOD 32 up to date also spybot and have ran the Microsoft Malware, also a deep scan that Chillisoft suggested..........nothing.
It started with a message being sent to my contact list from a electronic company. When I tried to send a message to someone it would attach itself to that also.
I went to my vacation reply and it was sitting there also in my signiture box. I deleted it from there. I received a email from a friend in my inbox opened it and it was there under same company diff email addy.
That email added my email address to my contact list but when I go in there to delete it I can't find it.
I have changed my password, question, info, run scans,done everything I can think of to get rid of it. But that's just it I don't know what it is as nothing is being picked up.
My comp is running slow I get the following every so often on my screen

Rundll Error loadingC :/program files/ common files paretol login UUs2/uus.dll The specific file could not be found.

I have also done a disc clean up and deleted some files there are a number that will not delete in the C drive WebClient/ Publisher temporary Files not sure if this is a problem.

Can someone please help.

I am sure the large number of people on the microsoft community would be grateful also to know what is is and what to do about it .As it seems that Microsoft don't know either.
A couple of people have said they think it is a mail trojan that is then contaminating the comps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users