Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

do u know why?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:32 AM

I've been getting a heck of a lot of lag when I ran through smoke while using D3D to play. I've recently changed the renderer (video settings) to OpenGL. I not only got a HUGE FPS increase, I did not lag while running through smoke. I do not know why I lagged when my PC is way above minimum specs.

P4 Prescott 2.53 GHZ CPU
1 GB PC2700 RAM
GeForce4 MX420 64 MB card

I do realize that I have to upgrade my card for better results and other games, but can't right now. So any tecchies who know the difference in OpenGL and Direct 3D (DX9 ver), can you help me understand why this happened? thanx

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:17 AM

I am uber dumb... I completely forgot to tell you that its in CS1.6.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:25 PM

I've been getting a heck of a lot of lag when I ran through smoke while using D3D to play. I've recently changed the renderer (video settings) to OpenGL. I not only got a HUGE FPS increase, I did not lag while running through smoke. I do not know why I lagged when my PC is way above minimum specs.

P4 Prescott 2.53 GHZ CPU
1 GB PC2700 RAM
GeForce4 MX420 64 MB card

I do realize that I have to upgrade my card for better results and other games, but can't right now. So any tecchies who know the difference in OpenGL and Direct 3D (DX9 ver), can you help me understand why this happened? thanx

um, I believe nvidia cards use openGL. and ati uses d3d.

and your video card is a geforce 4 anyway. I know my cs lagged when I had my geforce 4. It still lags now in open areas with a 6800 gt and a 2.4 ghz processor.

#4 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:08 PM

that helps alot... wow i wish i knew that thanx

- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users