Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to run RootRepeal - can't tell if it's scanning or frozen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 reconciler

reconciler

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

Hi - I am trying to go through all the steps listed in the preparation guide before posting a topic in the malware removal forum. When I ran RootRepeal the first time, it seemed like it was not working. I walked away from the computer for a short time and when I came back, I heard a noise I've never heard from my computer. Kind of scared me and I tried to Ctrl-Al-Delete to shut the computer down, but couldn't do that, so I just ended up turning it off via the power button. Decided I'd stay in safe mode and try to run RootRepeal from there, but now I can't tell if it's working. I'm not hearing any kind of sounds at all and can't get the cursor to move with my mouse. Nothing is happening. Can someone tell me what I should do to get the RootRepeal working? I noticed in another topic that someone advised to go to settings, options and set the disk access slider to high? Should I try that?

Thanks so much for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 reconciler

reconciler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:32 PM

Does anyone have any advice? :thumbsup:

#3 reconciler

reconciler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:13 PM

Resolved -- I just adjusted the disk slider to high as instructed in another post and it seems to be working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users