Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Volume keys turning down computer volume and winamp volume at the same time?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michael86

Michael86

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:24 PM

I'm not sure if this happened with 5.55, but with 5.56, when I hit the volume up or down on my keyboard to turn the sound down for everything, it turns down winamp's volume bar too. Sometimes I can move winamp's volume bar up and down and it won't even be working. What causes this? It's pretty annoying for the music to turn down twice as fast or winamp's volume bar to not even work at all.

EDIT: Moved to a more appropriate forum

Edited by garmanma, 01 December 2009 - 12:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:26 PM

Bump
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:10 PM

I have Winamp 5.56 and a volume control on my keyboard (an IBM multimedia keyboard, 73P2620), but my system isn't working that way. The volume control on my keyboard controls the system-wide volume (the sound card) and the Winamp volume control controls only the volume of the Winamp application.

#4 nathan_s

nathan_s

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:03 AM

I've had the same thing for ages, when adjusting volume usingspecial keyboard keys it always changes both system volume and Winamp volume. And is has been in defferent versions of winamp too. I'm used to it, but now that you asked I think you can turn off volume control for winamp using keyboard solving half of the problem at least.

#5 Michael86

Michael86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:40 AM

That's' the way mine used to do, Capn. I noticed just the other day my volume bar in winamp would always be turned down a bit and knew something was up.

I know what you're talking about nathan. I actually did that, but you're right, it fixes half the problem since the volume bar for winamp doesn't work at all, haha.

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users