Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows vista restore disc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 broberso

broberso

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:42 PM

I have windows vista and it has crashed on me. I have the restore disc however when I restart the computer with cd in the drive it reads the c drive instead of cd. How do you make it read cd first?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:25 PM

hi,,, you need to change the boot priority to the disc drive,,, on boot press f8 or f10 or f2 ,,, etc,,, it sometimes differs from maker to maker,,, look on the splash screen on startup as it usually says on there,,, and it will give you a boot selection,,,, if you cant then boot into the setup (bios) and change the boot priority in there, but dont forget to change it back once the issue is fixed,,,
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users