Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does Pro = home premium + some features?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kimgeni

kimgeni

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

Just wanna know I've got it right.

Win 7 Pro = Win 7 Home premium + "some features"

In other words: all the features of home premium are included in Pro?

This is the impression I've got from Dell's Win 7 pages, but they also state that "Ultimate gives you the home entertainment features of home premium and the office features of Pro", which indicates that all the home entertainment features from home premium are not included in Pro.

A quick look at MS's Win 7 pages didnt make me any wiser, so I turn to you Like a flower leaning toward the sun. I turn to you. 'Cos you're the only one. Who can turn me around when I'm upside down.

Sorry about that - once I'd written "I turn to you", I just couldnt stop. :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:57 PM

Maybe these pages will help?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/compare

#3 kimgeni

kimgeni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

Thanks.

The "Which one is right for you?" page doesnt give a definite answer, but Pro has all the home premium features which are listed there. It supports my impression.

I tried the "Professional" link on top of the page. There it says: "With all the exciting entertainment features of Windows Home Premium, itís a great choice for home and for business."

So I guess we can conclude that everything from home is in Pro?

The reason why I started to wonder comes from this page http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topic.a...n&s=dhs#Q11 , which is not dated so I dont know if the information is 100% up to date.
Under the headline "Which edition of Windows 7 do I need?" It says "Ultimate is for the customer that values it all ó the multimedia benefits of Home Premium plus the business features of Professional. Ultimate also includes a MUI language pack for regions where multiple languages may be required on a single PC."
It shouldnt be necessary to say "the multimedia benefits of Home Premium plus the business features of Professional" if Pro includes everything from home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users