Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malware assistance needed, safemode disabled,

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 simonrad

simonrad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:19 PM

hi guys, I am a new member looking for any help available, I am running firefox/ windows xp, browser windows are opening automatically (unrequested) for random sites, some gambling sites, very random,
I have run adaware, spybot, superantispyware and malwarebytes, trojans have been found and deleted but the problem persists (anout 2 weeks now)
I have run Autoruns but in the huge list of startups I can't spot any problems (my inexperience), I also can't go to safe mode, when safe mode is selected all looks ok then the system restarts itself and goes back to a normal windows boot

I am running Cobian to backup now

your expertise is much needed, thanks to anyone who can help

Edited by simonrad, 28 November 2009 - 02:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 simonrad

simonrad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:42 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

Hi Orange Blossom
please can you advise what I now need to do, could not go to safe mode using f8, went to msconfig to try safe mode through windows - no luck, my pc is now cycling on startup to safe mode then normal start - never actually gets to start up, I am not sure how to change this through dos and my next course of action

thanks Simonrad

#4 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,785 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:56 AM

Hi and welcome to BleepingComputer :thumbsup:

This kind of boot loop is the reason why you should never use msconfig to reboot into safe mode. Your normal mode is fine, but Windows is only trying to boot into safe mode which isn't working.

Do you have your Windows-CD close by or any other CD with which we can access your hard disks? Or is the recovery console installed on your system?
We will need one of those to get your system back up to boot in normal mode.

regards myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

animinionsmalltext.gif

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users