Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reformat Disc for HP zt3000 notebook

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EducatedGuess

EducatedGuess

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

Hi. I recently bought a used HP notebook, only to discover it came w/o reformat discs. It will not go onto the Internet, and Verizon told me it is missing some drivers and it would be best to reformat. I called HP and they no longer supply the discs. Does anyone know where I might find this disc, or how to repair the drivers. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:13 PM

For the drivers you can go HERE and enter the required information.

As far as reinstalling the operating system. If the notebook does not contain a restore partition then the only solution is to buy a copy of the desired operating system.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,882 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:38 PM

You might try the vendors noted in right column, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ei=...ale&spell=1

Louis

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:18 PM

HP will sell the OS and drivers disk to you for $20
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 EducatedGuess

EducatedGuess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:59 PM

Gar, yes I bought OS and Drivers from HP, but they DO NOT sell the reformat/recovery disk and no longer stock it.

Ham, thanks for the link. I contacted that site and they have the disks. I'll order them and see what happens.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,882 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:50 AM

Let us know how it goes :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users