Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I don't know if this is the right forum or whatever, but...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TammyFP

TammyFP

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:48 AM

Hi,

I was given some very useful infomation a while back when my computer kept restarting on its own due to malicious spyware/malware or whatever that had hijacked my computer.

Since that time I've decided to remove a program my husband downloaded trying to fix the original problem (which it could not fix). Since I've tried to boot this program up and run it to see if it actually has any practical use on my computer I found out that it doesn't run/operate for some reason. I figured since I have windows defender up and running I don't need this other program anyway. It's called PC Tools Spy Doctor. I tried to remove it (uninstall it) from my computer and the following error message came up:
PC tools Spyware Doctor
Runtime Error (at 268:2958):
MoveFileEx failed; code 5.
Access is denied.

Does anyone in this group know how I can get that program off my computer? I don't even know what any of that code means. (I am fully functional at operating systems but do not know the first thing about anything technical.)

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this problem I'm experiencing so that I can remove the program ASAP.

Thanks for any help you have to offer. Oh, and, God bless.

Tamara Nicholas, ASW
Author "The Storm Before the Calm" by Tamara Imes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:19 AM

Hello,

I'm going to shift this from the XP forum to the AntiVirus forum for you.

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:04 AM

A lot of us use Revo Uninstaller to remove anything.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:59 AM

Their website's removal instructions
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/answers/id/324/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users