Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Propably graphic card problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dark19

Dark19

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:30 PM

Hi all,

Today i had(and still have) a problem with my computer.When i was playing an online game my screen freezed and black lines appeared flashing in my screen.My computer was freezing for like 15sec then unfreezing for 1sec and then freeze again.I restart my computer and all seem normal for like 3min then the same problem again.Restart again and when it was going to show me the blue welcome screen it show me wierd colours but my computer was working(loading my programms/settings) but i couldnt do anything cause i couldnt see anything.So i reboot in safe mode and check event viewer but nothing seemed wrong(i even did system restore back 2 days).It is not problem with my monitor cause i am using it right now connected to my netbook.So my thought is that it is my graphic card that has the problem but i wanted a second opinion so i do not waste my money with no reason to a new card.I cant test my graphic card anywhere cause all my friends have netbooks/laptops.

My OS is windows XP professional SP3 ,pentium4 at 3.2 ghz with 1GB ram.My grafic card is ASUS 8500GT (512mb)
I dont know if this is the right section to post so i am sorry if it is the wrong one.

PS. Sorry for my bad english :X

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dark19

Dark19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:46 AM

Update:I made restart in safe mode and unistalled my graphic card and reboot back to normal mode and my computer open properly,loading my settings,but got me an error saying "Cannot find graphic card information" and then my monitor goes black and in standy by mode.I reboot in safe mode again but now i see my graphic card is installed(wierd??!).I am running a malwarebytes scan at this moment in safe mode will post results soon.

Scan completed,here are the results

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 162071
Time elapsed: 52 minute(s), 39 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Edited by Dark19, 28 November 2009 - 07:00 AM.

#3 Dark19

Dark19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:10 AM

Sorry for making new post but i cannot edit my previous...So here is a screenshot of my monitor with the wierd colours
Posted Image

PS in safe mode my computer works fine

Edited by Dark19, 29 November 2009 - 07:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users