Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GFX Card/ PC Crashing problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 purplesabbath16

purplesabbath16

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

Hey guys, I'm new here so forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

Ok so here's my problem:

A few days ago, I was playing Dragon Age and my PC crashed. I didn't have a problem for a while, and then it crashed yet again while I was playing the game. (I have an 8800GT)

Ok so I didn't have a problem for a few days, and then when I was playing Left 4 Dead 2, my PC crashed again. It was giving me a blue screen of death, and the error was 116 (I think?) which I looked up and ran a crash report on and it said it was a problem with video card/drivers.

So I updated the vid card drivers, the problem persisted. I tried going to an older version of the drivers, and it still screwed up. So eventually when I'm loading a game, I'm noticing a lot of weird screen tearing and effects and stuff, and when my PC crashes, the boot menu at the beginning is all messed up, and displaying a lot of random characters.

It says there's a problem with startup and tells me to run startup repair, so I do that and it doesn't help. I do a system restore but the problem still happens. So now windows won't even START.

Now I'm thinking this must be the video card dying, but would that affect whether windows starts or not?

Please please please help me, I would really appreciate it.

Edit: I'm using Windows 7, if that changes anything

Also, I can boot into safe mode.

Edited by purplesabbath16, 27 November 2009 - 05:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tokiya

Tokiya

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:53 PM

I'm noticing a lot of weird screen tearing and effects and stuff, and when my PC crashes, the boot menu at the beginning is all messed up, and displaying a lot of random characters.

I have that kind of problem too...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272393/video-card-problem/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users