Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer and Internet stops responding after a few Hrs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cowboys2006

cowboys2006

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:08 PM

Hello

Ok this is what is going on with my computer. My computer programs stop responding after a few hrs after the computer has been turn on. Especially the internet what happens it that I could be surfing the internet and then it wont load anymore at all. I am not able to access the modem for the internet. It just keeps on saying loading. Now when this happens I try to turn the computer of my doing the start and then shut down and it does do anything at all. I am able to go to some programs Like games or wordpad. Now the only way for me to start using the internet and being able to use some program is to turn the computer off by pressing the power button and keep it press down. Once the computer has been turn on it starts normally.

I tried to explain it to the best of my ability if theres more questions let me know

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:01 AM

hi,,,, first things first,,, donload this scanning program and scan for malware,,,,
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
blue tab is free version
and how to run it is link below
http://www.udel.edu/topics/spyware/malwarebytes.html
copy and paste the scan log back here when done,,,,, also download this cleaner and flush out the browsers by running just the cleaner tool on this program,,,,
http://www.ccleaner.com/
and how its used link below again
http://www.timeatlas.com/tutorials/Ccleaner.htm
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 cowboys2006

cowboys2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:56 PM

ok here is the log from malware bytes. also I think i found the problem. The reason i say that is that when i encounter that problem i shutdown avast virus protection and then start surfing again and it works.

Could something be nocompatible with that software??

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 3251
Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

11/28/2009 1:55:43 PM
mbam-log-2009-11-28 (13-55-43).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 302642
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 14 minute(s), 5 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:07 PM

ok ,,,, that looks clean,,,, it could be a heat thing then,,,, open task manager and look how many processes are running and if there are any using a lot of cpu also open event viewer to see if there s any info in there (type event viewer into search box in start menu),,,, take the side off the case and give it a blow out with a can of compressed air,,,, switch off the power and ground yourself before opening the case,,,, if all looks clean then dont bother,,,,
report back any info in event viewer and the amount of processes running,
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#5 cowboys2006

cowboys2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:47 PM

according to task manager theres 78 process running I opended the event vier but i am not sure what i am suppse to see there. most of the time the system idle process uses cpu more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users