Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

antivirus system pro

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cheezychicken

cheezychicken

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:40 PM

hello,

I recently got the 'Antivirus system pro' virus and am having trouble getting rid of it.
as with most of the other reports of the infection every exe file is 'infected' so gets shut down.
I have managed to press ctrl-alt-del before it starts up and then end the process so can run programs.
This seems to be a new strain of the virus as the standard files for it dont exist and malwarebytes doesnt pick it up.
I also seem to have no internet connection by any program when i shut the 'antivirus' down so i cannot update the software.

i am running:
xp professional x64

help, please.

Edited by cheezychicken, 27 November 2009 - 02:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:46 PM

Take a look here: Remove Antivirus System Pro (Uninstall Guide)

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,462 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:16 PM

We are looking for the samples of this new variant. When we get our hands on it and can test it, we will update the guide accordingly.

#4 cheezychicken

cheezychicken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:42 AM

thanks but i have already tried to remove the infection using malwarebytes' and it doesnt help.
i guess ill have to wait... :thumbsup:

#5 Shell64

Shell64

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:48 PM

I need help too. I cannot access the internet so I cannot update Malwarebytes. I tried running the latest version and it isn't finding anything. Please help.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,462 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:56 PM

Unfortunately, until we get the latest variant, we are not able to help you at this time. To help us please follow the steps here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

And then private message me the link to your topic. From the information you post, we can gather enough info to help remove it from your computer.

As many of the instructions require you to download various programs from the Internet, you may need to copy these files to a USB key or CD/DVD and then bring them to the infected machine.

#7 cheezychicken

cheezychicken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:29 AM

ok, i managed to kill it!! :thumbsup:

i did a search of the registry of "sysguard" and deleted the entries and the antivirus system pro entries next to it.
One of the entries was pointing to a folder so i loked at it and the file was hidden. no problem, though, as i just deleted the folder!
i still couldnt connect to the internet so i wnet into control panel->internet settings (or something similar)->advanced then "reset advanced settings"
its working!!

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,462 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:23 AM

Terrific! Do you remember the name of the executable?

#9 cheezychicken

cheezychicken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:14 PM

no, the exe file was hidden but in task manager it was sysguard.exe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users