Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unwise.exe in Stienberg CUBASE SX?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 broken windows

broken windows

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:44 AM

the other day I installed Stienberg cubase SX. I have had it on several computers in the past. Also I installed swishmax 2, a program I have used for years. Cubase is on a disc, and swishmax 2 is downloaded from swishzone, the people I bought a download from 2 years ago.

after I did the swishmax install, immediately my PC started to slow and freeze up :thumbsup: , so I figured something was awry. never did this before.

well I ran malwarebytes and it told me somethings were not good. synsoacc.dll was in c/prog files/swishmax/synsoacc.dll, and c/prog files/stienberg/cubasesx/synsoacc.dll, and c/windows/system32/synsoacc.dll.

so I got rid of them.

today, malwarebytes tells me that NOW, there is c/prog files/stienberg/cubasesx/unwise.exe

I did a search and found people mostly say 2 things about unwise.exe.

1, it is an uninstaller for said software.
2.) it is a trojan/backdoor deal.

I have no idea why a legitimate audio company would include a backdoor trojan in their software, or why malwarebytes did not see this yesterday. Unless it was not there yesterday(?)

Same with swishzone. granted, they now offer a new version of swishmax, but why screw over the people that have a lifetime license to their older software?
very confused...

so now I would like to have one of these skilled techs help me out with cleaning/securing this flawed windows system :flowers:
please, please help
Thanks!
Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users