Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access this website, can you???

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nmilot

nmilot

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:41 AM

I was hoping you guys could help me out. My business relies on this website www.medi-type.com for its transcription services. All of a sudden as of last week, we can no longer access it. I've spent hours on the phone over the past week with my ISP as well as the website admin (which happens to be out in the Philippines with a 13 hour time difference) with no luck.

The strange part is, I can access it fine from home, but not from my office PC's. I've checked the firewalls on our end and everything checks out. What's interesting is my ISP also can not browse to this site. So I dThe Philippines ISP keeps pushing the issue back to us.

I'm trying to identify any other ISP's that may not be able to access this site. We currently use One Communications.

I was hoping a few people from this forum could attempt to browse to www.medi-type.com and reply if they can't hit it. If you could provide me with the name of your ISP that would be great. It'd also be great to know what public IP you are going out on, but I understand if you don't want to throw that out here.

Thanks in advance!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:33 AM

I'm not able to access it either.

In the future, this site might be able to help with these kinds of problems - http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

:thumbsup:

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:15 PM

Works for me
Be sure to clean up your cookies, temp files and history
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:27 PM

Works fine for me too, just do what Garmanma said ! :thumbsup:

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#5 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:57 PM

Walked right in and sat right down. No problems.

#6 nmilot

nmilot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:20 PM

Thanks everyone. Trust me, we've cleared all cookies, etc. This isn't just one PC that can't access it, it's every PC in my company (obviously they all NAT to the same IP when browsing the web). But it's not just isolated to my company. Trying to figure out just how widespread this issue is.

Blade, I'm curious, what ISP are you using?

#7 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:26 PM

Didn't work for me. Using Windstream as my ISP.
Are all the computers that can and cannot access it using the same browser?

#8 nmilot

nmilot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:56 PM

Thanks xblindx, the computers use a mix of browsers. I have tried both firefox and IE.

#9 Ethan123

Ethan123

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

It didn't work for me. I have verizon dsl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users