Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Administration tool

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jetson

jetson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:02 PM

[SIZE=7]

I HAVE WINDOW XP HOME ADDITION, And i have a problenm when I boot up. After reviewing some of the suggestions, I updated window, which as completed, and no problem. I then updated Net frame work 1.1 and try to install it, a message popped up with an error.

Forturnately, I have Norton Go Back and restored the previously time and day. It did not solve the log on. I desided to upgrade Net framework 1.1 and now I am at point that I need help.

I clicked control panel/administration tool//net configuation/fixan application/application restore. There are 8 or 10 configurations. Which one will restore my orginal setting, with out logging on.\? I want to go directly to the desktop., with out "wlcome and log on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:16 PM

Hi jetson, :thumbsup: to BC.

I my first question would have to be what was the error message you received in the first place, but I guess it is too late for that. So my next question is have you fully updated your computer since you did the go back and is .net 1.1 installed at this time?

The fix an application entry you are talking about will not apply to changing your log on screen, that is for fixing applications that use .net themselves.

All I can tell you to do right now is to run Windows update again until you have fully updated your system software. There are several critical updates for .net 1.1 and one of them will set your log on screen back to the way it used to be.

Edit: if you receive another error while updating, please post a screen shot or copy it word for word so we may see what problem you are dealing with. Make sure to run Windows update until there are no critical updates left to install.

Edited by Ronbo, 09 August 2005 - 08:21 PM.

There is no justice, there is just us.

#3 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 10 August 2005 - 05:58 AM

New updates available now if you have not got automatic updates turned on.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users