Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Sytem Pro help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lihlipp

Lihlipp

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:40 AM

Antivirus system pro decided to install itself on my computer again.

It installed a while ago, but prevx easily got rid of it,
this time, whenever I try to open privx, it says "Application cannot be executed. The file prevx.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus now?" And obviously If I click yes, it brings me to a website to install this freaking rogue antivirus crap. WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!
Also, I know I'll be recomended malware bytes, but it says the same thing for that to. And I just installed it 10 minutes ago.

And that ad that keeps popping up about Erectile Dysfuntion syndrome is annoying. I hate this rogue crap. And the lowlifes who brought it to existence.

other info-
operating system: Windows Vista
mode: Safe Mode (due to other unexplainable problem that I couldn't get any fixes for)
other: Windows Security Center is turned off and I can't turn it on because I'm forced on safe mode.

edit: FINALLY PREVX IS WORKING! I SHALL BE SAFE! for now...

Just in case prevx doesn't find anything, I was going to copy/paste this to a notepad. But apparently notepad.exe is infected... prevx really needs to save my butt!

6 infections found... 0 left. I am golden now. The rogue is gone. Hopefully it won't come back for a third time.

You mods can lock/delete or do whatever to this topic. I longer require service. Have a nice day.

Edited by Lihlipp, 27 November 2009 - 02:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users