Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Boot Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Elvis2010

Elvis2010

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:17 AM

Laptop boots only 25% of the time but, if I turn it and stand it on its side it boots fine. Any suggestions? Hard to use it while it is turned on its side. When it won't boot it turns on but you just hear the hdd as if it is just rebooting.

It is a Toshiba Satellite M70-SR2. It also has a line across the screen but if I squeeze it in a touch it goes away. Not really worried about monitor just trying to get it to boot.

Have tried new hdd, not the problem. Have taken out and put back in keyboard, ram, dvd control and power buttons, and I also disconnected and reconnected monitor.

Just trying to narrow it down.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:53 PM

if I turn it and stand it on its side it boots fine.

If the hard drive is securely installed then it has to be something loose internally
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users