Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Latency Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 c0rpse

c0rpse

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:19 PM

I have an issue where my latency is higher then it should be for gaming no matter where I connect that I was hoping could get addressed. My ping time seems to be at least 30ms more then it should be no matter what type of server I connect to. I live in Illinois so my connection should only have around 15ms latency but instead I am getting around 50ms. Same as if I connect to a Texas server where I should probably get around 45-50ms I get 75-80ms instead. When trace routing, my latency already starts it self out at 45ms on the first jump. I have AT&T and my speed is around 2.5Mbps and once day it just started having these problems. I used to get the aforementioned latencies but instead they are worse then they should be, any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:11 AM

what game are you playing?

Have you checked out their support forums on what to do about lag?

Do you have other PCs on your LAN? Are they doing "stuff" while you are playing?

If you never had this issue before, what happened the day you noticed it? Something with the game, an update? New driver installed for something on your PC? Firmware update on your router? things like that.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 c0rpse

c0rpse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:49 AM

It happens with all games and with internet speed tests as well. I am the only computer connected to the internet and it's wired from the dsl modem. Nothing different was done from the time it started onward, I'm assuming AT&T messed with it somehow.

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:08 PM

What is the make and model of your DSL modem?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users