Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from Bangkok

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MadeInThailand

MadeInThailand

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:03 PM

Just to say a few words about my experiences and see where it goes.
Don't these computer geeks have anything better to do than try to hack the general public private sector?
Guess there is no such thing as privacy anymore, especially when you put across the internet.
Guess you have to put up with the bad to have the use of such a nice information tool, such as WWW.
Personally, I just hate it when I have to spend so much time getting rid of viruses, malware, and trojans.
My best suggestion would be not to store any information on your personal computer that you do not mind someone else having access to.
That is sad to say, but most true. This applies to email transmissions as well.
I have been using the web for years, but only recently started using downloads from quesstionable sites.
Now I find my computer has been hacked, all my email account stolen and gone, and plenty of viruses to go around.
Worst part about it, some of it seems to always return. So I am not sure if I never got rid of it or if it is just on some of the sites I frequent.
I actually watched a file download attach itself to another download, was really freaky. Worst of all, the virus came from a school.
Guess the schools can not monitor what goes out on thier sites. Too bad, was a really nice small program, never had to install it to get the virus download.
I am not going to pretend I know alot about viruses and such, just wish there was some software that could be developed to rid your computer of them.
By that statement, I mean, automatically. Seems you have to run several programs and each one gets rid of some, but never all glitches.
Of course I am on this site hoping to learn more about other peoples experiences, as I am sure it will be most helpful in the near future.
Guess that old saying is true, 'can not get something for nothing', there is always a price to pay when you try to get something for free.
Not to say that all freeware is not good, there are many good applications out there. I use many of them. Just wish the hackers could stay away from them.
The internet is a wonderful tool, able to learn and find unlimited amounts of information. And thank Bill Gates form making it a bit easier. Now we need another pioneer that can develop a software to help the general public rid itself of these menacing hacks, they would become rich-ha ha. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users