Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP WANTED

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stillkill

stillkill

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:18 PM

Hello everyone...my name is StillKill. I work for SBC as an Installations Contractor for the Chicago land area. If my job has any pros, it is my laptop.. I can carry my world with me no matter where I am. This is what brings me to your little corner of the woods... well I have a HP Ze4300 pavillion laptop. works great, well that is until I decided to formatt my laptop and change my BIOS password..."BIG MISTAKE"... well the formatt went well and every thing is updated and just the best it could be...ok ok, I'm getting to the piont... because I take my laptop every where with me. I have always had the bios with a password..well I tryed changing the password and what I did was enter the password, enter new password and verified the neww password. the password is blank..all I did was hit enter for the new password as you can do in windows..but the thing is that I exited and saved it, but now when I start it up it will not take enter as the password..but it took it when I changed it. I can't get back into bios without the new password...its suppose to be enter..blank...what gives? now I've been doing some reading on how to fix this prob and I found something telling me about some chipset thing, that I know nothing about, and that I would have to buy this newchip...am I reading some crap thats not for me?...I need help, any ideas????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:18 AM

My only advice is contact HP for help, laptop passwords are difficult to work with simply because they are easy to steal so have added protection.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:35 AM

Maybe you could try resetting the password? I do not know if this will help but there must be some password in place for it to not let you back in.
Read here please:
http://www.tech-faq.com/reset-bios-password.shtml

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users