Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 problem opening HTML. Links?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:24 PM

Hello, windows xpsp2 and toshiba notebook. I cannot open a Link in my Outlook 2003 if it is HTML.??? I don't know if this is a Security setting issue??
All experienced help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:41 PM

Maybe try this, might work for Outlook as well

This is most likely because one or more of the following files is missing, damaged, or improperly registered:

* Urlmon.dll
* Mshtml.dll
* Actxprxy.dll
* Oleaut32.dll
* Shell32.dll
* Shdocvw.dll

http://www.onlinecomputertips.com/troubleshooting/iefix.html

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/ou...oblem/4286.html

Edited by garmanma, 26 November 2009 - 06:46 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:27 AM

Hmmm...read the Links which I thank you for. I checked and IE 7 is my default browser. Everything is working OK for me except the opening of a 'html' Link and I am wondering what other possible damage I could create by trying the possible remedy?
I did a scannow and nothing showed up.
All my M$ updates are complete.
B/C I don't use System Restore points I get a little edgy about doing something to change things, thus I am wondering how to keep damage under control !
BTW, I have used Kaspersky and Prevxx Edge for several years now.... actually the latter is the new version and I have had no issues until this 'glitch' showed up.
Thank you for your interest and wondering if there maybe any other comments.
Cheers.

Edited by georgia, 27 November 2009 - 01:29 AM.

#4 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:53 AM

Hi, sorry for the delay in the reply. I have been in a project here.
I wanted to post what ended up being the solution to my issue of my incoming Outlook 3 emails being converted from 'html' to 'plain text' ...which I hope never happens to another member as having to search through the Junk Mail for a few days was a pain.
It ended up that my ISP server was fiddling with settings which affected incoming mail. I phoned them and now everything is OK.
I always like to close off my threads when I find a solution to my problem in the event that it may help other members.
I thank members who tried to help as it indeed means a lot when one is 'out at sea' with a problem to solve! (It's nice to know that one is not alone!!)
Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users