Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with re-start after latest Windows update download and installation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kaskade_fan

Kaskade_fan

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:20 PM

Hello again,

I had an earlier problem with malware on these fora and received excellent help. I'm hoping someone can help me with a couple of new problems.

I had just allowed the latest update from Windows this past Wednesday (11/25/2009). However, upon re-starting the computer, the desktop took forever to load. I do understand that after some downloads that it will need to "re-sort/defrag" itself, but the last couple of re-starts have been painfully slow (almost 20-30 minutes). Laptop starts up fine on Safe Mode. I tried using System Restore, but on re-start it is still painfully slow.

Second problem which seems to come up at the same time is that my wireless connection is not detecting networks anymore. I am running Intel PROSet/Wireless 2915ABG Net (which Windows normally has controls program). Drivers seem up to date and Device Manager it is working fine.

I will be checking periodically for responses. In the meantime, I'm just going to have to deal with being tethered to the router. Thanks again for your help!

Kaskade_Fan :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kaskade_fan

Kaskade_fan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:20 AM

Update, I was able to get my wireless connection up and running again (still don't know how it shut itself off...may have accidentally hit Fn+F2) so problem number 2 solved. Anyhoo, I'm still nervous about re-starting my computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users