Are the bold letters correct?
I really recommend reinstalling the OS
But at least i just want to be able to copy paste all the file before i do that.
Just remember that they could be infected
There is a very nasty rootlit going around
You can try this application to see if you can copy/paste
Please download Rkill
by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2Link 3Link 4
- Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
- If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
- If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
- If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
Do not reboot the computer or you will have to run it again
The only other suggestions I can give you is you can put the hard drive in another computer as a slave and pull the files off of it or
Get and external enclosure to put the hard drive in it
why won't my laptop work?
Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook