Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PSU help.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wweezzyy

wweezzyy

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:52 AM

Ok so I just put my entire computer together plugged everything in and everything seems to be running but I cant tell because for some reason my monitor wont boot, I tried 2 monitors neither work I have made sure that the power cable and the card its self is in. I actually had to RMA the PSU a couple of weeks ago because before I got my new computer I tried the PSU in my old rig and it still did not work. I used the same video card in both rigs as I do not have a new one yet. But I do not have a problem with the video card and my 950W PSU that I am currently on. The new PSU is a Rosewill Bronze Series 1000w, and my old one is a Rosewill 950W. I also put my hand around the bottom of the video card to see if it was running in the new system and it is in fact running. If someone could possibly help me troubleshoot or something I would really appreciate it, thanks.

Edited by wweezzyy, 26 November 2009 - 12:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wweezzyy

wweezzyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:36 PM

Bump: Please help me.

#3 Eric ~ Computer Guy

Eric ~ Computer Guy

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

You may have a faulty motherboard, cpu, or even RAM. You could also simply have a hard drive or optical drive cable loose. This has been known to stop a POST before it starts. Check all connections, reseat all power adapters and data cables. If it still fails, try to get an RMA on the motherboard first, and work your way down.

#4 wweezzyy

wweezzyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:40 PM

But I tried the new PSU in my old computer the one that works fine with my older PSU, when I attached the new PSU to the old rig it was the same as the new rig that's why I do not believe it to be the new mobo because the old one is fine with my 950w older PSU in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users