Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trojan horses and spyware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tfarrell

tfarrell

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:57 AM

I recently took onboard a virus - I think. Every now and again my browser (IE 8) loses connection.
I went to hijackthis and did a scan.
The dodgy looking ones have similar numbers; DPF: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000 and seem to be associated with facebook.

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:43 AM

DPF: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000
These are normally (016) listed items within Hijack this which are Active X objects or Downloaded Program Files, but if you think for any reason you are infected then you should post in the " Am I Infected What Do I Do " section within the forums wth a full copy of your HJT Log because if your not experienced enough in using HJT you could end up with more problems than you began with. After posting jusy be patient and one of the more experienced members of staff will get round to dealin with your problem !
Good Luck ! :thumbsup:

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:07 AM

if you think for any reason you are infected then you should post in the " Am I Infected What Do I Do " section within the forums wth a full copy of your HJT Log

tfarrell, Please DO NOT post your HJT log in the "Am I Infected" forum.
By posting it there it would get moved to "Misplaced Hijack This Logs"

This forum (Misplaced Logs) is for logs that have been posted in the wrong place. This is a holding area for staff to assist you in getting your log posted in the proper forum or otherwise ensure you get the right kind of help.

If you think you may be infected, you have 2 choices.
1) Create a topic in Am I Infected?. Provide as many details as possible about your problem. Do not post a log in this forum. By posting in this forum, you generally receive help a lot faster than you would in the HJT forum. If a HJT log is needed, your malware helper will direct you to post one in the proper place.

2) Post a HJT log in the proper forum. Before posting, read the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using HijackThis and other Malware Removal Tools, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer.
Follow the directions, then post your log here:
HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal This is the only forum in which HijackThis Logs should be posted.

If you do post a log, be patient. The HJT team is very busy and it will take a few days before someone can respond to your log.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 November 2009 - 12:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users