Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can i retrieve deleted files?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 surgirl

surgirl

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:53 PM

Hi,

So I always burn my files onto a cd, you know, just in case something goes wrong with my computer. Ironically my computer is fine but my cd was ruined while I was adding some new files :thumbsup: !
Some of the files that were on my cd have long been deleted from my computer. Is there anyway I can get them back?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:07 PM

It depends on how long ago they were deleted and how much you're willing to pay a professional to try to retrieve them.

#3 surgirl

surgirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:11 PM

Oh no :thumbsup:

#4 indiandan

indiandan

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:43 PM

http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecoverydatarecovery/ this is a program that recovery data there are other one also
Dan Hollingsworth
A+ certified
Mircosoft certified professional

#5 chicha1997

chicha1997

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:26 PM

Hi,

So I always burn my files onto a cd, you know, just in case something goes wrong with my computer. Ironically my computer is fine but my cd was ruined while I was adding some new files :thumbsup: !
Some of the files that were on my cd have long been deleted from my computer. Is there anyway I can get them back?

First check your CD in another CD player ,maybe your files are OK JL

#6 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:32 PM

From the research I have done on Data Recovery it is basically for dead HDD's or Deleted Folders with important data & is very expensive, can range from $500 - $2000 or more depending on the amount of data.
When this happens one needs to stop immediately and not overwrite the space on the drive with the deleted data.

In your case if you have been writing data to the drive, after deleting the data you wish to recover, there is a good chance even if you want to spend the $$$ it wouldn't be usable if even recoverable.

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:26 PM

Are you absolutely sure the files you saved to disk are actually gone? If the files you transferred to disk were deleted on your hard drive some time ago, your chances of retrieval there are almost nil.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#8 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:27 AM

ISOBuster

The Ultimate CD and DVD data recovery tool !

Rescue lost files from a bad or trashed CD or DVD !
Save important documents, precious pictures or video from the family, your only system backup, ...
IsoBuster can do it all !

IsoBuster is a highly specialized yet easy to use CD and DVD data recovery tool.  It supports all CD and DVD formats and all common CD and DVD file-systems (= set of files and folders).  Start up IsoBuster, Insert a CD or DVD, select the drive (if not selected already) and let IsoBuster mount the media.  IsoBuster immediately shows you all the tracks and sessions located on the media, combined with all file-systems that are present.  This way you get easy access, just like explorer, to all the files and folders per file-system.  Instead of being limited to one file-system that the OS picks for you, you have access to "the complete picture".  Access data from older sessions, access data that your OS (e.g. Windows) does not see or hides from you etc.

Combine this all-revealing functionality with far better read and recovery mechanisms, scanning for lost files functionality, workarounds for a wide range of drive and software bugs, limitations or shortcomings and you have an enormously powerful data recovery tool.

This tool is freeware unless you need to recover from the following:

Part of the functionality related to the UDF and HFS(+) file-systems is not free and needs to be paid for.  This is the extraction of files that come from the UDF [drag & drop software] or HFS(+) [Macintosh] file-systems. So, all functionality is present, including scanning and finding of lost files, but if you actually want to extract (copy) a file from the UDF or HFS file-system you need a valid registration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users