Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD/CD drive not running

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 slack3r

slack3r

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:11 AM

Hi,my cd/dvd drives stopped after I had installed an older version of nero from a LG software disk I had for my LG USB super multi burner.After installing the software my drives (one internal) the other USB would not work at all.I've tried uninstalling software,updating software,restarting the computer.I posted this problem and tried this procedure(click start-Run-Regedit-HKey-Local-Machine\System\CurrentControl\Control\Class\{4036E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} click upper filters Delete,an error 80040154 came up.Still in the dark please help! :thumbsup: Oh I made a hijackthis report to be posted if nessecary.

Edited by slack3r, 26 November 2009 - 12:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:29 AM

This does not appear to be malware related. I am shifting this topic to the Internal Hardware forum.

Please DO NOT post a HiJack This log.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,264 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:52 PM

The fix that solves many optical drive problems, Upper & Lower Filters - http://delltrain.wordpress.com/2008/07/15/...d-lower-filter/ .

FWIW: The Nero software has nothing to do with optical drive operability. The drive should function (read/write) with or without said hardware.

I suggest that you take a look in Event Viewer for errors relating to Disk0, Disk1, etc.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

If you find such, please post the content/details of the error, which can be seen by double-clicking on that line item in Event Viewer.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 28 November 2009 - 10:01 AM.

#4 slack3r

slack3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

Hi,Thank you both Orange Blossom and hamluis very much for your help.Everything seems to be fine after following the procedures listed,thanks again.

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:52 PM

That's good to hear. ~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users