Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linksys WRT54GR won't connect

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 snipersgethead

snipersgethead

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

I'm not sure if it's the router or if there's some setting with the DHCP that I haven't configured with but there's a very annoying problem with my router. When I try to connect with it using almost any WiFi enabled device, most of my objects won't connect to it UNLESS there's another object trying to connect to it at the same time. My PSP and laptop connects to it MOST of the time without this nuisance, but my iTouch and PS3 aren't so lucky. Could someone guide my through settings I should have enabled or something like that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:50 AM

I have a WRT54G router and mine is set up Automatic DHCP and under wireless its set to mixed mode and I am using WPA PSK encryption I have no problems at all connecting. Also if your gaming on your PS3 its best to use a wired connection its much faster. You could try resetting the Router to defaults (there is a reset button on the back).

Edit: typo (need more MtDew)

Edited by Sneakycyber, 26 November 2009 - 03:50 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 snipersgethead

snipersgethead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for your reply, and I forgot to tell you that I already switched my PS3 to an ethernet cable. It's very random if my things would connect or not, because I got up this morning and my iTouch automatically connected but yesterday it just wouldn't. I'll go check my settings and set them up like yours and I'll post back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users