Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't use media plugins in Firefox with Windows 7?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michael86

Michael86

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:32 AM

This has probably been answered somewhere...

When I try to use certain sites, like zshare, etc, Firefox shows that I need to install a plugin, when I click it, it'll say that no suitable plugins were found. I have everything installed; Java, shockwave, etc. I read on one site that somebody was having the same problems because of the 64-bit/32-bit thing. He changed something to the i686 folder or something? I'm running 64-bit too.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Neil B.

Neil B.

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

Go to adobe website and download flash player, and shockwave. Also, you might try download the latest version of java if you dont have it.

#3 Michael86

Michael86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:35 PM

I have the latest version of all of those.

#4 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:06 PM

What version of Firefox are you using? Also, and I really don't mean to offend you or make you sound incompetent but I get this all the time, did you close all Firefox windows and reopen them, or perhaps shut down the computer after installing the plugins and boot back up? Again, that's not meant to offend you, it simply covers about 75% of the calls I get. At least.
I would never ask a person to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

#5 Michael86

Michael86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

I'm using 3.5.5 and you didn't offend me, sometimes it can be the basic things that can be the problem, I've had that happen before, haha. But yeah, I've close everything out and have shut my computer down a few times ever since I've noticed and it hasn't fixed. My computer is new and hasn't been running but a week or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users