Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Internet Sharing issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Neil B.

Neil B.

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:17 AM

I installed Win7 on my Desktop and my laptop a few days ago. Before this, I had XP on my desktop and Vista on my laptop. I had my router on my desktop and could connect to the internet with my laptop through the router. Now, for internet access Im using an Air-Card. IF you dont know what this is, its like a broadband connection with a cell phone, only its not a cell phone, it just uses cellphone signal to get the internet. I dont know how it works but it does.

So anyhow, When I had XP all I had to do to enable my laptop to recieve the internet with my Air Card was to go into internet options and enable internet sharing. Now, however, it doesnt work at all. But the funny thing is, when I go into my connection proporties on my laptop, It says that it is receiving somewhere around 4000 of the 4100 packets my desktop is broadcasting.

Another thing that is worth mentioning:

I have a dual boot. So I decided to just go back to XP to broadcast to my Win7 laptop, and it worked! So I know It has to be a problem on my desktop and its Win7 OS, but I am completely stumpled on what to do. I have disabled IPv6, and have IPv4 enabled. I also have enabled internet sharing on my air card just as I did on my XP OS.

If anyone has had this problem or might know an answer to mine, please post your suggestions and advice. My family runs off of our wireless network, and I really dont want to use XP anymore than I have to (dont ask its a long story).

Thanks in advance, I will be able to reply if you have questions, so dont hesitate, I want to figure this out.
-Neil

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Neil B.

Neil B.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:20 AM

My router is a somewhere around 5 years old. And its linksys.

#3 Neil B.

Neil B.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:10 PM

Problem solved, had to reset my router...

I feel like an idiot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users