Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GLB temp (And windows chrases)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LikeNoOthers

LikeNoOthers

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:30 AM

Hello! I have bought a Zepto G14, used. (No problems when i bought it, and only 2 months old). Came with 30 days trial of Win7, which i didn't have cd-code for, and i didn't want to buy 1. So i got my xp cd, and after i had installed, i found out that it isn't supported 100%.

Anyway, when i try to install T-nSpire on my computer, it says that it cannot find msiexec.exe. (Its there). I found out that when i click on the setup, it start GLB#.tmp files, which i then googled. It say virus? And but never found out how to remove. Please help :thumbsup:

Also, when i run games, it sometimes goes into black screen, and then later restarts.
Everytime acpiec is there. Message: \Device\ACPIEC: The embedded controller (EC) hardware returned data when none was requested. This may indicate that the BIOS is incorectly trying to access the EC without syncronizing with the OS. The data is being ignored.

I have not changed anything in Bios (except harddrive to native-ide). Any idea on how to stop this chrash?

EDIT: Thanks to all who will help :flowers:

Attached Files

Edited by LikeNoOthers, 25 November 2009 - 09:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:03 AM

Take a look, http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/e...&LCID=1033/.

I wouldn't be hopeful...the following was taken from http://www.dennedusa.com/:

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO OUR CUSTOMERS

Zepto Denmark filled bankruptcy on Tuesday 18th of November. As soon as we have more information we will follow up.

DenneD USA (doing business as Zepto USA) is an independent Distributor. We will continue selling laptops and servicing laptops as before. Zepto Denmark's bankruptcy will not interfere with our high quality and quick services. All laptops sold inside of the USA still have a valid warranty.

Because of Zepto Denmark's bankruptcy we are negotiating with other partners to get new brands in our line-up. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us at zepto@dennedusa.com

Check back soon for more information."

I tried the drivers link and got a "page not found".

Louis

#3 LikeNoOthers

LikeNoOthers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for your work. What i should have told, is that i live in Denmark.

ftp://ftp.zepto.dk/Notebooks/Znote_G14/Drivers/XP/
The danish website, but its is on english. I Should have all drivers except graphics. (It wont install, for some reason. Drivers are from Laptop2go)

Vendor? (my english isn't so good) would that be Zepto(dk)?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:10 PM

Well...the error you received...points to a BIOS problem.

The MS website instructs to do a BIOS update, which is (normally) designed to overcome hardware problems/circumstances existing on a system.

I don't think that there is a BIOS update for your system...which means that I don't know how to follow the guidance given for solving the problem (as I see it).

Your English is fine, much better than can be at times :thumbsup:.

http://www.zepto.com/Information/Default.a...formationid=759

I suggest trying to contact someone from the webpage above...explaining the error message you received and the prescription per Microsoft.

As for the GLB.tmp files...first of all, they are only temporary files. Temporary files are created by (probably) every program whenever something is installed. See the link below for more info on these particular files. I find nothing substantial to indicate that this is malware of any type.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2196678.php

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users