Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Professional laptop won't reboot proeprly after using SDFix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 legisol

legisol

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:26 AM

After PC Tools identified but failed to remove autorun.dha worm and mIRC worm, i used SDfix.

Everything ran smoothly when using the programme, in accordance with the clear instructions. However, my XP prof laptop won't now reboot proeprly. On rebooting the desktop screen shows but clicking on the usual icons for Outlook Word etc just results in ...nothing.

I have the notepad report from the sdfix scan etc.

Can you help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ken-in-West-Seattle

Ken-in-West-Seattle

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:43 AM

Your computer is not clean.
I created the same situation on a laptop that had w32/autorun.eh. I knew I was going to do a factory install anyway and had all the useful bits backed up along with an image mounted on a linux box. I ran several free tools including S&D on the infected system drive. 4 out of 5 tools left similarly buggered windows. The fifth tool failed to run at all. Further scans with the drive as a slave found several rootkits as well as more trojans

A moderator should be along in a bit to move you to the "am I infected" forum where an expert can help you.

In the meantime, assess your backup position, and make sure you have the proper boot/ reinstall/recovery media for your computer and be patient since the US holiday gives new users more time to ask for help and may make some members unavailable due to real world obligations.

Once you're clean, we may be able to figure out how to repair specific damage, but you need to be sure you're clean first.

Edited by Ken-in-West-Seattle, 25 November 2009 - 10:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users