Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant retrieve settings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frozenman

frozenman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:04 AM

hi.just wondering if any one could help me.i was cleaning up a friends computer and went to put more ram in.i did not put the ram in after as it had the same amount in.(stupid of me not to check on screen i know).while the cpu was open my pal insisted he would hoover out all the cob webs and dirt from inside.when i turned the computer back on the resolution was at 4.i tried to get back in and fix this but the resolution would not move up.i tried system restore too and nothing.it freezes too after a minute or so.has he hit something internal or what??

EDIT: Moved to a more appropriate forum

Edited by garmanma, 25 November 2009 - 10:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

What settings are you talking about...video resolution?

I've never seen a resolution setting of "4"...the video settings I'm familiar with are similar to "800x600".

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 frozenman

frozenman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:30 AM

What settings are you talking about...video resolution?

I've never seen a resolution setting of "4"...the video settings I'm familiar with are similar to "800x600".

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

its the screen resolution.i never seen it at 4 either but it is and it is stuck on 4.i got into display settings and it wont change for me.will post make and model later.i think i may put new hard drive in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users