Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Panda

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:11 AM

Does anyone know if the panda online scan deletes harmful material that it finds or eif it just alerts you and lets you know that you are infected? I was thinking about trying it out again. a couple of weeks ago i tried it and it was going for around 30-40 minutes and it froze at %16.....
just curious.

-thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:41 PM

To my knowledge Kaspersky's online scan is the only one the doesn't fix things
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:07 PM

Hello Sharpie,

You can use Panda ActiveScan 2.0 whenever you want to make sure that your PC is free from all types of threats. Also, if you are registered or have bought the paid version you will be able to disinfect the threats that ActiveScan 2.0 finds on your PC. You have the following options:

* Scan your PC without registering: ActiveScan 2.0 performs an in-depth scan of your PC, but doesn’t disinfect the threats it finds on your computer. This scan allows you to find out if your PC is infected.

* Register free: If you register free, you will be able to perform custom scans (quick scans, scans of specific files and folders, etc.). Besides, you will be able to disinfect certain types of threats (viruses, Trojans and worms).

* Buy the paid version: This version allows you to perform customized scans and disinfect all the threats that ActiveScan 2.0 finds on your PC (spyware, rootkits, etc.).

http://www.pandasecurity.com/activescan/help/#1

As you can see above, upon registering, you will be able to disinfect certain threats found, but this is limited to just Viruses, Trojans and Worms.

Two excellent Online Scanners I use and recommend:
F-Secure Online Scanner
ESET Online Scanner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users