Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Few more Linux Ubuntu issues...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:20 AM

Hi guys,

So, I have the following questions:

1. Why's my NEC DVD+/-RW (AD-7203S, by my guesses) can't write discs through my Ubuntu 9.04? It's just keeps spinning without a response.
2. My enouph powerful (for such tasks) int. HD 3200 can't even display properly such basical graphical content, as an Ubuntu's 3D screensavers. Should I consider enabling an original driver for my GPU (not Ubuntu's)?

Also...

3. How to encode / change the format of the videos, using VLC media player? I just can't find an option... :flowers:

Some questions may be added later on. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Edited by rhino1366, 25 November 2009 - 04:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:01 AM

4:00 past...

Anyone to help me?

Thx,
rhino

Edite:
So why's my NEC DVD burner doesn't working in Ubuntu 9.04? The model might be AD-7203S... can't check it for sure.
About my int. HD 3200... so, I should enable an appropriate, ATI's driver? Right?

Please, also check on here...

Edited by rhino1366, 25 November 2009 - 11:24 AM.

#3 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

How are you attempting to burn CD's in Ubuntu? Are you using Gnome baker or a similar program? Is the CD-R reorganized as Writable media?

You may need to use the ATi propriatary driver but ubuntu should have prompted you on you're first boot to install the driver. If you are using the Ati driver it should be listed in "Restricted Drivers" in the Settings->Admin menu (unless it got moved since the last LTS). if your not using the ATi driver and ubuntu does not suggest one installing the drivers manually can be annoying but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Posted Image

#4 hla2000

hla2000

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:40 AM

Try updating to the new Ubuntu 9.10. It runs really good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users