Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boned

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pkane8251

pkane8251

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:37 AM

My computer is really messed up. I am unable to run any type of virus scan, including hijack this. Every time I try, I get the message: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item. Web pages with "virus" in the url cannot be opened, and online scans don't work. When I download new antivirus or antimalware programs, they open and immediately shut down, displaying the message I mentioned before when I click them again. Other programs, such as messengers will also not run. Running the computer in safe mode does not change anything. I have something called "Protection System" that I can't seem to get rid of. If anybody can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:09 AM

Hi pkane8251 welcome to Bleeping Computer.
================
  • Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
  • Under Custom scan's and fixes section paste in the below in bold

netsvcs
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\eventlog.dll /s /md5
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\scecli.dll /s /md5
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\netlogon.dll /s /md5
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\cngaudit.dll /s /md5
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\sceclt.dll /s /md5
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\ntelogon.dll /s /md5
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\logevent.dll /s /md5
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\iaStor.sys /s /md5
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\nvstor.sys /s /md5
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\atapi.sys /s /md5
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\IdeChnDr.sys /s /md5
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\viasraid.sys /s /md5
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\AGP440.sys /s /md5
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\vaxscsi.sys /s /md5

• Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
====================
===========
Download This file. Note its name and save it to your root folder, such as C:\.
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.
  • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.
  • Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Allow the driver to load if asked.
  • You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.
  • If you are prompted to scan your system click "Yes" to begin the scan.
  • If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.
  • On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.
  • Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.
  • Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)
  • When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.
  • Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
  • Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.

Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

#3 pkane8251

pkane8251
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:35 PM

Thanks kahdah, that almost worked. It started the scan and ran for about ten seconds before shutting down

#4 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:41 PM

Which one or both?
Let me know the name of the second program (gmer) that I had you download.
I will need the exact name and location of it please.
Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users