Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone try the newer Windows 7 Manager by Yamicsoft.com?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zomolomo

Zomolomo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:52 PM

So, I was on Download.com and noticed this newer optimization tool called Windows 7 Manager by Yamicsoft (orsomething like that)

I also noticed they have software for other OS like XP and Vista.

Figured, well it's made specifically for my OS so I figured give it a try.

When I started using it, I noticed it has A TON of tools and seemed to work pretty well... did some junk file cleaning, reg cleaning and defragging etc.

All was going great until my AV (Spyware Doctor with Antivirus 2010) blocked an attempt by Win 7 Manager to pin itself on start up and categorized it as a VERY HIGH risk????

Is this a concern or is my AV freaking out about nothing..??? I uninstalled the program since it concerned me but not sure if anyone else has any background info on this software?

Any info would be much appreciated

Thanks
Jerry

Edited by Zomolomo, 24 November 2009 - 10:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:33 AM

Yamicsoft is listed on sites like Softpedia, cnet and MajorGeeks etc. Its supposed to be safe. I tested the setup for Windows 7 with avast! and no problem found.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users