Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I uninstall Ubuntu?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hawaiian1der

Hawaiian1der

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:27 PM

I have looked on YouTube and many other places on how to uninstall Ubuntu but it is not working. Some say to go into disk manager and find the partition and delete it. The problem with that is I didn't use partitions. Then others say to go into the drive you downloaded it, go into the folder, and click the uninstall-wubi icon. This does not do anything else but give me an error saying:

Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters
0x000007FEFD917240 0x0000000000000004 0x000007FEFD917240
0x000007FEFD917240

What does this mean? Do I need To stick the disk back into the computer and try? :thumbsup:

Edited by Hawaiian1der, 24 November 2009 - 10:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:08 AM

You can't really uninstall an OS since the OS is what makes the computer run. You can install another Operating System though.

#3 syscorpsecure

syscorpsecure

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:43 AM

You have to bear with us when we try to help you. Sometimes things are assumed.

There are two ways you can run Ubuntu - one is to partition and configure it like a primary operating system. The other is to run it from inside Windows - similar to a virutal hard drive. If you chose the second option, you used an installer called WUBI which stands for Windows UBuntu Installer and you did not partition anything.

To uninstall - you go to the Control Panel and choose ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS. Choose Ubuntu and uninstall it.

For help, look at the following:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide#How do I uninstall Wubi?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users