Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LAN and Internet Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 levans

levans

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

Alright, I've got a peculiar kind of problem, but will try and explain it as best as I can.

I currently have two ISP lines available at my service- depending on the service provider that I need, I plug their cable on to the back of computer ( the LAN side),
and change the connections in my Local Area Connections properties.

Now one of the ISP's internet seems to stop working after some time ( varies to around 5-15 minutes), and if I switch to the other line after repairing the LAN ( using the repair option), the LAN just freezes and does not update further. When I manually restart, the internet again starts working ( with ISP 1), before again conking.

If I attempt to restart the computer using the restart option under my Windows menu, it tells me that the LAN program should be ended. When I end it, the PC just stays there- with wallpaper and no restart. I have to manually restart it from the CPU following which my internet ( with the second connection) then works well. Should I want to switch to my first internet ( because the second one is a limited data plan), the LAN connection option again Freezes and I have no other option but to restart my computer.

I'm using NVIDIA, and I feel there is some kind of problem with my LAN card.

What is the LAN process to end in CTRL+ALT+DEL?

Any suggestions?

Edited by levans, 24 November 2009 - 10:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 levans

levans
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:25 PM

Sorry for the bump, but I'd really like somebody's opinion on this.

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:01 PM

Have you checked for any updates to your onboard NIC driver?

Edited by Baltboy, 08 January 2010 - 01:01 PM.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users