Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Safe Mode stuck while loading MOVED

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Amber719

Amber719

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

I screwed up my computer....bad. Yesterday I downloaded this update sp26629.exe from this page http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/generic...item=pv-39118-1 and everything on my desktop changed so I thought I did something wrong. I did a restore in Safe Mode (tried several restores) and everytime my system rebooted, it get's as far as the Microsoft XP screen and before it gets to the welcome login screen, my system restarts. Can't roll back driver or troubleshoot in Safe Mode. I tried going to last known configuration and didn't help.

Today I did a chkdsk and everything came out clean. But when the computer restarted and I hit F8 and chose Safe Mode, it started going into Safe Mode loading the partitions, etc. then suddenly stops. HP tried helping me by restarting and F1 for system utilities and loading default but nothing happened. I unplugged everything as they said to do a power drain and still nothing helps.

So now because my computer stops while trying to load in Safe Mode, I can't even fix my first screw-up with the driver issue.

I'm on a different computer now and I can't take my computer in to get fixed and I'm trying everything possible before doing a complete recovery, if that would even help.

System: Microsoft Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, SP3

Display Adapter: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series

More Info: HP Compaq Presario Desktop, AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 3500+

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by garmanma, 25 November 2009 - 01:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

good info here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273763/pc-rebooting-loop/

you could uninstall video card from device manager in safe mode and try to reboot to normal mode. if it makes it to windows it will detect your video card and you can then tell it to install the older driver.

#3 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:04 AM

Welcome to BC Amber.

System: Microsoft Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, SP3

It would be a good idea if you posted in the correct forum. The mods may move this for you and delete what I've posted. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I'll leave your post intact. You can come out of the basement once in a while

Edited by garmanma, 25 November 2009 - 01:26 PM.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users