Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i dont know what to call this issue (crash)?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 i-h8-tech

i-h8-tech

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:59 PM

hi everyone
i got tuneup utilities a few days ago and it kept nagging about that i hadn't performed a "disk doctor scan" on my HD so i thought id just do it t to make it shut up. right before i left for work i restarted the PC (which was required for the scan) and let it scan, but when i came back from work, i didn't see the desktop, but the screen where i could choose between bios setup, shut down and enter OS. i clicked on enter OS and it started messing around as usual till it reached the loading screen where the loading bar goes around. right after the loading screen the damned BSOD screen flashed by (in a millisecond) and then i was back where i started. next time i reboot i got the message to choose between starting normally, safe mode etc. but none of these options really work (they just get me where i started again).

i tried pressing f8 to run the Vista install CD via cd rom to maybe repair/reinstall windows but no, couldn't. now im stuck and out of ideas on how to fix this crappy problem. i read somewhere that some guy had stopped the bluescreen by pressing f8 but it was impossible for me since it just flashes and then is gone...i checked if the ram bricks where out of their place but it wasn't that either so, any ideas about how i can fix this? if there is no way to fix it then i have to take buying new HD as a solution (at least its cheaper than a gun to put me out of this misery).

now i have also found out that the computer doesn't see my HD as connected. i use the ASUS utility web option on my motherboard to connect online but i tried to save a file that maybe would have helped, but when i tried to save i had the option to save it on one of my DVD roms.

if you want info about the PC build then i can put it out here for you as long as it helps.

thanks in advance :huh:

Edited by i-h8-tech, 25 November 2009 - 06:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:02 AM

hi,,, if you select to enter the setup (bios) on boot then in there you can set the pc not to restart after failure and on the next start up after bsod you will see all error codes,,,, also try boot into safe mode if possible and look in device manager for the drives,,, hdd and dvd,,, if the dvd drive is there then go back to the setup and make it first boot in boot priority, shove in your disc and try boot from it,,,, when in try a startup recovery again,,,, copy and paste any error codes to here btw
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 i-h8-tech

i-h8-tech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:17 PM

hi,,, if you select to enter the setup (bios) on boot then in there you can set the pc not to restart after failure and on the next start up after bsod you will see all error codes,,,, also try boot into safe mode if possible and look in device manager for the drives,,, hdd and dvd,,, if the dvd drive is there then go back to the setup and make it first boot in boot priority, shove in your disc and try boot from it,,,, when in try a startup recovery again,,,, copy and paste any error codes to here btw
good luck.

ok i couldn't find anything through bios but i tried the f8 method and it actually worked after a couple of tries. the error code is

STOP. 0x00000024(0x0000000000190444,0xFFFFFA800CA85090,0xFFFFFFFF(0000102,0x0000000000000000)

ive tried booting in safe mode in all types but none worked. they end up going back to the start screen of motherboard choices that i named before (but no damn BSOD this time, only the screen says no input signal) and since i didn't get in at all then i don't think the rest of what you said can be done either :huh:

i contacted the bastards i bought the PC from and they absolutely want it sent to them (in the other end of the country) so i just want to be sure if its a HD failure or not so i know if i can buy new HDs or send it to them if i have to (or even better,if its fixable without hardware replacement).

oh and i just went through bios setup again and realized that the HD is detected by bios setup, which is very weird...now i really don't have a clue what this problem might come from :huh:

thanks for taking the time (noticed that alot of people didn't :huh: )

Edited by i-h8-tech, 26 November 2009 - 06:25 PM.

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:30 PM

hi,,,, i looked up the error code and it comes up,,,, ntfs file system is corrupt,,, you knackerd the files system on the hdd,,, this is why you cannot boot to windows as its corrupt,,,
try this ,,, Insert the CD to install Windows and choose Repair, use the Recovery Console and run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and resolve any file system structural corruption.
if this fails then i would try a clean install of the os,,, hopefully the hdd is ok,,, if not there not expencive these days,,, get another one and clean install the os on this and away you go,,,,,,,,,,,
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#5 i-h8-tech

i-h8-tech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:08 AM

thanks for the info... as said before i cant boot my dvd rom or cd rom so went with buying a 1,5TB and a "raptor" HD instead of sending the PC to the AHs i bought it from. i was too tired of it anyway so i wouldn't let the HD live another second after all that crap. thanks for the help again and if i can ask, where did you find the meaning of that error? i google it and couldnt find anything about it :huh:

appreciate the help alot!

#6 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:11 PM

lol,,, found a thread on tech net. :huh:
always a good place to look.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#7 i-h8-tech