Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson printer printing problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sportsvine

sportsvine

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:30 PM

When I print anything, instead of printing the entire web page as it should, it only prints a small portion of the web page and use very large type, and only uses a small portion of the printer paper to print it on.

Another way to explain the problem...it's kind of like the printer is using a magnifying lens to focus in on only a portion of the webpage, to enlarge the text and print only that part AND its only using about 1/4 of the printer paper to print on (lower left quadrant)

Also, I used Epson website to troubleshoot, but found nothing on the way my printer is printing.

Edited by sportsvine, 24 November 2009 - 08:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sportsvine

sportsvine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:34 AM

Ok, I thought I would do a complete uninstall, and reinstall, and this did not work, still print as described in first message.

#3 syscorpsecure

syscorpsecure

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:55 AM

Do you have your print options set to "Enable shrink to fit printed page to 1 sheet"

Also, check Internet Explorer Page Setup to make sure your margins have not been changed.

Finally, depending on the version of Internet Explorer you're using, there is a a manual view adjustment in the lower right hand corner of the IE status bar. It magnifies the screen size of IE for easier viewing. Make sure it is set to 100%.

#4 Kelly333

Kelly333

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

If that doesn't work try upgrading the drivers.

www.Quikshiptoner.com

#5 sportsvine

sportsvine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:58 PM

Do you have your print options set to "Enable shrink to fit printed page to 1 sheet"

Also, check Internet Explorer Page Setup to make sure your margins have not been changed.

Finally, depending on the version of Internet Explorer you're using, there is a a manual view adjustment in the lower right hand corner of the IE status bar. It magnifies the screen size of IE for easier viewing. Make sure it is set to 100%.

Ok, I have determined that these printing problems are only happening if I print from the firefox browser, NOT from IE.

If that doesn't work try upgrading the drivers.

www.Quikshiptoner.com

When I re-installed, I believed I updated the driver.

Now I need to figure out why it is printing this way while using mozilla firefox.

Edited by sportsvine, 25 November 2009 - 01:59 PM.

#6 sportsvine

sportsvine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:50 PM

Well, I had some other problems with my printer. My print quality was WAY OFF, colors blotched and smeared and blurred. Troubleshooting ran nozzle checks and nozzle checks would not clean up the quality, instead nozzle checks would run all my ink out, replaced my ink cartridges, and nozzle checks still would not work and instead run BRAND NEW ink cartridges dry, I called Epson and they are sending me a new printer as it still is within warranty, so I am happy.

However, this doesn't explain why the printer would have the problems as described earlier only with firefox but not with IE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users